10.24.2006

A Little Scare

This weekend we had a false alarm. Kelly began having contractions, right before we were supposed to make a 3 1/2 hour drive to Paducah, KY. I bet your thinking, "What's in Paducah?" We'll... actually not much. However, it is a very nice town and they have a great downtown area. But the only reason we were going is for a family reunion on Tommy's side. So anyway. Kelly was going to call her doctor to get squeezed in before we left. During this time, I'm at work and she calls me ands tells me all this. So I'm trying to work, while wondering if my wife is GOING INTO LABOR or not! Finally she calls me back with the news...Better her than a nurse! Turns out she's dialated 1 cm now, and Caleb is getting ready to play pee pi! Thankfully he's not quite ready yet. So we're praying that he won't 'make like a baby' for at least 1 more week. After that he won't be considered premature. Well, we were finally given the 'all clear', and we took off for Paducah. After all this, I'm definitely on alert. My cell phone is always on and I'm waiting for the call any minute.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Aw, I'm so excited for y'all! I'm so glad to be back in touch with you. Greg and I are also expecting, but I'm not due until May 23rd.

What are you two doing in Louisville, KY? A childhood friend of mine is in seminary there. It is also a big theatre town, making it a possiblity for a job location after Greg graduates this May.

It sounds like you are doing wonderfully, and I want to know what else is going on! I'll keep checking your blog site, and write me sometime if you can! I also have a blog site here on blogspot if you want to hear all about things here in CT.

XOXO, Amber